Arcade09 was the November dual Design and Play challenge. The goal for this was to have levels that were more like Arcade games.
The tips/requirements were as follows:
- A relatively simple gameplay premise or story
- Fast-paced, race-against-the-clock action and/or survival from ever-increasing difficulty
- If time is used, a short initial time limit that can be extended through powerups or points
- High replay value to entice you to try and beat your best score
For the play challenge, the first place players on the leaderboards were also given a specified value of Atmos.
The three winning levels were:
- First: Insert Witty and Attractive Title Here by Bender
- Leaderboard winner: Cheesyboom with 3,502.
- Second: Evolution of Speed - Zone 2 by Frodo
- Leaderboard winner: Daimon with 12,841.
- Third: The Diamond Ruins by Saunby
- Leaderboard winner: Daimon with 3,717.